Friday 7 February 2014

One year, one challenge, one success



After one year of sweating, studying and contemplating, I can proudly say that I completed my yoga teacher trainings with Sadie Nardini today: the Evolution and the Rockstar training!
My intention was to blog about my experience as I went along with the courses, however, I realized that that was impossible to do. In order to do the training, you need to dedicate a full day of class, yoga and contemplation. Usually the discussions are about 1.5 hours long and there are two in a day. I took lots of notes and sometimes paused the video and replayed parts of it. Then there is the practice, two sessions, between 1.5 and 2 hours each. I usually did the practice session once while doing yoga and then I played it one more time to take notes about Sadie's instructions. This helped me a lot as her words really sink in this way and her language becomes very familiar and easier to replicate.
Whenever I practice now, I hear Sadie's voice in my mind as I know what she would say. This should make it easier to teach as well. Theoretically anyways. I think I would be able to teach yoga classes after this intense training and after having been practicing yoga for about 10 years. However, I would have a hard time finding students who would want to practice yoga with me and listen to my English instructions. I live in Italy and the language might be a problem. Before I can acually teach I would have to translate Sadie's instructions and get my anatomy vocabulary in Italian straight. Who knows how long this will take me to do. 
However, I will not give up as this is what I learned through the training. Baby steps can make the difference and here I am. Done with the courses.
Thank you, Sadie, for this beautiful experience and for sharing your knowledge with me. 
If you are interested in Sadie Nardini's courses, books and wellness tips, please check out her lovely website: www.sadienardini.com

No comments:

Post a Comment